AECOM is looking for Entry Level Archaeology Field Technicians in their Burlington NJ office. The position is part-time with a variable schedule.
Minimum requirements include:
- Having a bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology, History, or related field or higher and attended an archaeological field school
- An ability to communicate clearly
- Experience with conducting laboratory analysis of both prehistoric and historic material and with writing archaeological technical reports
- A knowledge of basic field excavation techniques, ability to process (wash, catalog and mark) recovered archaeological artifacts, properly fill out field as well as laboratory forms, and perform extensive manual labor including excavation with shovels and moving buckets and wheelbarrows filled with dirt
- An ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling standing and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- A tolerance for working in outdoor environments, prolonged walking and standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions
- A basic knowledge of GIS applications
- A valid Driver’s License with a good driving record and the flexibility to travel overnight and out-of-state for up to 3+ months at a time
For more details and to view the complete job posting, click here.